Posted on Jan 7th, 2010
- The submission rules must be published at least one month before the submission period. The submission period is between 1 December 2015 and 19 February 2016. In order for a submission to be valid, the fee needs to be paid before the deadline and the posted sample must arrive to European Designs Greek office no later than 28 February 2016. The organisers reserve the right to extend the deadline provided that they announce it in due time.
- Only work published during the previous calendar year is eligible for submission.
- Any material submitted becomes the property of the organisers and cannot be returned.
- Entries cannot be submitted without the prior permission of the client/owner of the rights to the work.
- The organisers reserve the right to publish submissions in the ED-Awards catalogue, the ED-Awards website, promotional material and exhibitions. When doing so they must always acknowledge the designer/company. They also reserve the right to record and publish videos and pictures from the award ceremony.
Form of submissions
- The exact requirements for each submission are stated under each category (e.g. size, resolution, document formats). Submissions can be made online via the ED-Awards website.
- The organisers and the jury have the right to move submissions to a more appropriate category if necessary.
- A customs invoice should be included with the shipment when applicable, marked “Contest material – no commercial value”. If the courier company requires a value of the goods, please use nominal values (e.g. 1 €/item). It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure that the shipment is delivered to the European Design office in Athens and to cover all courier, mailing and insurance cost as well as any import duties.
- European Design will cover normal credit card fees. If you the participants choose bank or money transfer alternatives, any transfer or exchange fees is covered by them.
- The participants may withdraw their submissions at any time up to the jury meeting. If they withdraw them before the end of the submission period, the submission fee will be returned. A fee of 15% will be withheld in order to cover credit card fees and administration expenses.
Acceptance of rules
- By submitting entries the participants agree to the rules. Non-compliance with any of the rules will result in the automatic disqualification of the entry.