13.4 Music / Film Cover
This category includes all kinds of Vinyl, CD and DVD packaging.
• Single and double jewel cases
• 12", 10" and 7" and vinyl covers
• Picture discs
• Digipaks (a jewel-case-style plastic CD tray glued inside a folding cardboard case)
• Paper envelopes & LP style cases
• Keep cases and DVD box sets
• Unique cases, not listed above
• Music CDs, film DVDs, CD-ROMs, etc.
•Self-promotional and self-published CD/DVD covers
The vinyl/CD/DVD must have been released in the previous calendar year, and can’t be self-promotional.
A range of vinyl/CD/DVD covers is considered as one submission subject to a single fee.
The jury will judge the design of the vinyl/CD/DVD as a whole (front cover, liner notes, CD tray and back card etc.)
See previous winners in this category here.
Files to prepare
Save up to ten photos or images of the package/cover, the LP/vinyl/CD/DVD and, if applicable, at least six spreads from the booklet as JPG (3600 x 1536 pixels, RGB, 72 dpi).
These images will appear in the winners' gallery if your design is awarded.
Upload the images via this site.
What to send
Please send one sample of the vinyl, CD or DVD. Mark it discreetly with your submission code.
Place the sample vinyl, CD/DVD in an envelope or box, and post it to European Design's Greek office (to arrive no later than 8 March).