Now that we are collecting more and more data, we know more about a specific neighborhood. We can map the average income, the number of soot particles in the air, the number of single people that live there, and even the state of mind of the inhabitants. But, do we really want to know all that? Data-creature Aiml wants to initiate a conversation about this.
Aiml reflects the sentiment of a neighborhood; she continuously senses her surroundings and reacts to the mood of a neighborhood by drawing.
With the help of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) techniques, the smart data creature absorbs as much information as possible about the neighborhood.
This data is analyzed and enables Aiml to judge the mood of her environment and influences how and where she draws. In this way, an abstract digital analysis evolves into a characteristic and unpredictable physical drawing, that becomes part of the public domain.
Visitors can uncover more details about how Aiml is feeling through aimlmonitor.com. They can follow how she experiences the mood of her environment, what she sees and how she assesses different messages and visitors. Besides, that visitors will find background information about the way Aiml uses AI and ML techniques to come to her conclusions.
Aiml was exhibited at the Dutch Design Week in Eindhoven, Bright Day at Expo Haarlemmermeer, and Cirque du Data at RAUM Utrecht.
Aiml shows a new ‘expressive’ way of using open data and AI/ML in public space and create new perspectives on communicating the well-being of a neighbourhood.
- Creative Directors Thomas Clever, Gert Franke
- Art Directors –
- Designers –
- Illustrators –
- Photographers –
- Editors –
- Copywriters –
- Concept design Gert Franke, Jonas Groot Kormelink
- Creative Development, Design and Production Ibo Ibelings, Jelle Reith
- 3D render Joost Mommers
- Pen drawing mechanism Thomas van den Bliek
- Construction design and Production De Smidse Metaal
- Robotics Advise Ron Mertens
- Mechanical Advise Henry Berends
- Co-production RAUM
- Sentiment Analysis and Data Aggregation Bruno Jakic, Mark Mooij
- UX Design Luke Noothout
- Front End Development Eva Strumegger, Nick Rutten