By the way – typography and material behavior
By the use of various media, the master thesis describes a free design experiment that has evolved over time into a modular system consisting of two components: The self-made font, produced by 3D printing, which is thereby associated with a variety of physical processes.
With references to the associated website (www.bytheway.info), the book documents, among other things, the search for constants for the experiment, the design of the font, studies of different physical phenomena, the origin of 3D printing models, and the development of the own laboratory.
The project deliberately uses traits of digital applications and translates them to analogue media. Not only the acronyms of the models are common abbreviations used in the internet jargon, the experimental kit furthermore allows an analogue simulation of the effect of time dilation (Slow Motion), which is otherwise realised digitally.
- Agency Thomas Wirtz Kommunikationsdesign
- Client University of Applied Sciences Düsseldorf
- Website https://www.behance.net/gallery/34792003/By-the-way-typography-and-material-behavior
- Category Miscellaneous Categories
- Subcategory 17.5 Student Project
- Awards Gold
- Year 2017
- City Düsseldorf
- Country Germany
- Creative Directors –
- Art Directors –
- Designers Thomas Wirtz
- Illustrators –
- Photographers –
- Editors –
- Copywriters –
- Supervision Prof. Philipp Teufel
- Supervision Prof. Gabi Schillig
- University Hochschule Düsseldorf – University of Applied Sciences
- Music Frédéric Wiegand