Cárnicas Gráficas (Butcher’s artwork) is a double single book carefully co-published by Adicciones porquesí and Typerepublic. At its front part, it is an incredible graphic collection of Butcher’s wrapping papers used to wrap hamburgers, sausages, chicken breast, beef steak, and any sort of meat. And, at the other side, it is a book of short illustrated stories related with flesh and meat as inspiration.The graphic art of these wrapping papers include references to popular culture such naive images of happy animals dancing in the countryside or pigs working as sausage deliverers on a motorcycle. These papers have a double function: wrap and protect meat from the butcher shop to your fridge and, secondly, it gives the reference details of the shop (name and commercial brand, telephone number, address,…) in a nice non-professional graphic appealing.The seven short stories that accompany the rear part of the book have been written and illustrated by young local authors. The collection gives record from wrapping paper art samples from the 70’s to our current days. They have been carefully organized within the book with the Butcher’s reference.A collection like that has never been done in Spain, so far. And contributes to our popular design legacy. The book cover is printed on the same special sort of paper that butchers use when wrapping meat.Cárnicas Gráficas has been funded throughout crowdfunding from contributors.
- Creative Directors Andreu Balius / Albert Cano / Inma Viguera / Alexis Barroso
- Art Directors Andreu Balius / Albert Cano / Inma Viguera / Alexis Barroso
- Designers Andreu Balius / Albert Cano / Inma Viguera / Alexis Barroso
- Illustrators Francesc Punsola / Gisela Carreño / Carla Besora / Jon Juarez / Bernardo Muñoz / Cristina Daura / Kavel Rafferty
- Photographers –
- Editors Typerepublic / Adicciones porquesí
- Copywriters –