Audiovisual installation “Cognition”
The City Hall Tower
2 March 2017
This spring in the Stockholm City Hall we presented the audiovisual performance “Cognition” developed by our studio in collaboration with the composer and pianist Nikola Melnikov, specially for the brand Asko. The installation of “Cognition” is an expression of striving for the perfect shape. Everything can be perfect–whether it is a geometric figure or a person. The experience of perfection exists where people open themselves in external icons.
In the opening of the ASKO event 200 guests from all around the globe, among them important ASKO buyers, specialized journalists and business partners enjoyed the performance.
Leading industry media in Russia have covered the event.
Media playback and light control were created and synchronized in Touchdesigner. Light beams dimmer values and point position were animated by 2d keyframes in After Effects in LED screen space and transferred to Touchedesigner. Setup was recreated in Touchdesigner 3D space, so we were able to calculate light beams tilt and pan angles by keyframed values.
- Creative Directors Mikhail Kabatov, Ivan Nefedkin
- Art Directors Alexander Abramov
- Designers Yaroslav Berkut, Artemy Perevertin, Alexander Abramov, Ivan Pronin, Vladimir Arisov
- Illustrators –
- Photographers –
- Editors –
- Copywriters –
- General Producer Aleksei Lozhkin
- Producer Assistant Anastasia Belyachkova
- Technical Director Evgeny Bespalko
- Concept Artist Sergey Voronov
- Music Nikola Melnikov