Coors Light is the USA’s 2nd largest beer brand selling 15 million barrels a year. Miller Coors briefed us to design city specific cans to deliver a 1% lift in velocity on single serve cans bought from convenience stores in urban geographies. To build brand affinity among urban multi-cultural millennials who take pride in and inspiration from their home city.
Using the distinctive architectural style of the city as well as other local symbols, a design was created for Miami. Negative space is used to create one of the newly designed equity assets for Coors Light – the contained mountain graphic. Thermochromic ink was integrated into the design as an indicator of the perfect Born in the Rockies cold serve.
The can garnered much comment in both traditional and social media channels, quickly becoming a collector’s item.
- Creative Directors Mark Waters
- Art Directors –
- Designers David Thompson, Matt Lurcock, John Randall, Jamie Lawrence
- Illustrators –
- Photographers –
- Editors –
- Copywriters –
- Executive Creative Director David Turner, Bruce Duckworth
- Design Director David Thompson
- Production James Norris, Will Rawlings
- Account Manager Fay Bandoula