The 3,5 minute commercial zooms in on two neighbours who are best friends and share a passion for birdwatching. At a sudden moment Barry wins the lottery because he bought a Postcode Loterij ticket, unfortunately Harry didn’t. As Barry explores the world, Harry keeps looking for their favourite bird, the kingfisher. Until an accident brings them back together.
The Nationale Postcode Loterij is a Dutch national lottery that selects winning postal codes at random. Everyone who bought a lottery ticket wins when the lottery drops on their postal code.
“Harry and Barry grew from the idea that the Nationale Postcode Loterij is a lot more than just giving away money. A prize can bring people closer and create a unity in the neighbourhood. Just look at the winners in a Dutch Frisian town who started a fund with their winning money for everyone who didn’t buy a ticket. These social aspects are the base of the Harry & Barry film.”
Harry & Barry, including over 10 side characters and 14 different set design (in different weather conditions), where brought to life with CG Animation. Over 150 sketches where created to design every detail of the world they inhabit and the story it tells. The details ranged from character unique wall paper in their hallways to a unique coffee machine and alarm clock. All of these details are in service of the little story about friendship and the power of sharing.
- Creative Directors –
- Art Directors Rengin Tümer
- Designers Nick Groeneveld, Iris van den Akker, Maureen van der Hout, Pim Bos, Rengin Tümer
- Illustrators –
- Photographers –
- Editors –
- Copywriters –
- RTV Producer Sandra van Balveren, Sjors Mulder
- Director Vincent Lammers, Nick Groeneveld
- 3D Artists Jonathan Krijgsman, Jeroen Cloosterman, Jeroen Hoolmans, Mark van Berkel, Robin van As, Benjamin Remy, Willem-Jan van Rootselaar
- Layout & Storyboard Nick Groeneveld, Iris van den Akker, Maureen van der Hout
- Character Animation Nick Groeneveld, Willem-Jan van Rootselaar, Olga van den Brandt, Ralph Meijer
- Sound Producer Zoë de Regt
- Producer Gayle van Bochove, Marissa Zandvliet
- Colourist Koert van der Ploeg
- Sound Designer Joep Meijburg
- Composer Joep Meijburg
- VFX Supervisor Stephen Pepper
- 2D Artists Melissa van het Spijker
- Head of 3D Will Jeffers