Inside Tumucumaque - A Virtual Reality Experience
A Virtual Reality Experience
Turn into wildlife and discover the magical world of Tumucumaque
The Tumucumaque Reserve in the Amazon rainforest, a remote expanse of ecological diversity situated in north-eastern Brazil.
Home to species found nowhere else on the planet. Now you can discover the natural splendors of this remote region – in VR.
We beam you right into the middle of the amazon rainforest on a clearing just before sunrise.
Now it is up to you – you can not only discover, but literally turn into the exotic wildlife around you!
Fly with Harpy Eagles, swim with Black Caimans, play with Poison Dart Frogs, crawl with the Goliath Tarantulas, pursue vampire bats.
Be wildlife! Fully immersed and intimate with the creatures, you experience life in its most intriguing form.
How do Poison Dart Frogs perceive their surroundings? What does it feel like to be a caiman, floating motionlessly in the water,
lurking for prey? Or to fly as a harpy through the densely overgrown treetops of the rainforest? Inside Tumucumaque
allows you to discover the unique ecosystem of the Tumucumaque nature reserve from the perspective and with the perception
of animals living there. Ultraviolet color spectra, super slow motion, visualizations of echo sounder locations and colour night vision
as well as spatial 3D sound, are used to interpret the perception of animals as a sensual experience comprehensible for humans.
Scientifically supported by experts of the MfN Berlin, we recreated this hidden world. Hundreds of models were crafted by hand
and scrutinized for accuracy. The illustrative style references natural science lexica. Countless hours went into painting textures by hand, ultimately adding a human touch to the virtual world.
Inside Tumucumaque makes spectacular use of virtual reality’s strengths. Be part of the environment, slip into unfamiliar roles and
forms of life, explore exotic, remote places – an unforgettable emotional journey for all senses.
A project of Interactive Media Foundation and Filmtank, co-created with Artificial Rome.
- Creative Directors Ina Krüger, Patrik de Jong
- Art Directors Dirk Hoffmann, Robert Werner
- Designers –
- Illustrators –
- Photographers –
- Editors –
- Copywriters –
- Executive Producer Diana Schniedermeier
- Concept Artist Dirk Hoffmann
- AD/3D/Animation Nico Alexander Taniyama, Christian Rambow, Dana Würzburg
- Technical Lead Sebastian Hein
- Technical Development Dennis Timmermann, Hui-Yuan Tien
- Sounddesign Christian Barth, Julian Ferreira da Silva
- Project Manager Florian Köhler, Jochen Watral, Kristin Sperling
- Producers Michael Grotenhoff, Saskia Kress, Diana Schniedermeier
- Project of Interactive Media Foundation and Filmtank, co-created with Artificial Rome