The Museum of Byzantine Culture aims in presenting various aspects of life during the byzantine and post-byzantine periods: art, ideology, social structure and religion, as well as how historical changes and the political situation were affecting people’ s everyday life. Arguably the most important Greek Modernist Architecture Landmark and of the most important Museum institutions in Greece the Museum of Byzantine Culture of Thessaloniki, commissioned Beetroot to design its signage. We developed subtle colored monolithic information tablets whose outlines are rectangles that are being “pulled” (into polygons) towards the direction they indicate. We also designed a set of new “mosaic” icons that were recreated in three dimensions using real mosaic stones in a style similar to the fabulous Byzantine mosaics. Another major design element is the modification of the H&FJ Whitney typeface with additional glyphs and ligatures in order to create a unique branded typographic system.
- Creative Directors BeetRoot Design Group
- Art Directors BeetRoot Design Group
- Designers BeetRoot Design Group
- Illustrators BeetRoot Design Group
- Photographers BeetRoot Design Group
- Editors BeetRoot Design Group
- Copywriters BeetRoot Design Group