Metsä Group has built a new bioeconomy mill in Äänekoski, Finland. It’s the largest wood-processing mill in the Northern hemisphere. Metsä wanted to built a visitor center next to the new mill. A center that they could take their target groups to and make them Metsä believers. The objective was to design and then implement – all the way to opening day – an experience that would be both memorable and fun but also really tell Metsä’s story.
We built over ten digital experiences that are all innovative in one way or another and the building is integrated into the experiences. This is what really sets Pro Nemus apart. We didn't just go and put up a couple of displays to a building that already existed. The whole building was designed by architects to facilitate these digital experiences. The physical is really integrated into the digital, creating a never-before-seen complete experience.
The Pro Nemus Innovation Center provides an experiential cross-section of the life cycle of a forest and the impact of bioeconomy in a world that must increasingly rely on responsible, renewable raw materials. Pro Nemus is designed as a stage for interactive digital experiences and constructed entirely out of ecological Finnish wood. It is a new way to learn about Metsä Group’s business, products, innovation and ways of working. Pro Nemus is just as ground breaking as the next-gen bioproduct mill next to it.
- Creative Directors Jani Nummela
- Art Directors Niko Sipilä
- Designers Julius Meriläinen, Niko Sipilä, Mikko Saario, Maarit Kotiranta
- Illustrators –
- Photographers –
- Editors –
- Copywriters Jaakko Koskinen
- Production Lead Laura Hyvärinen
- Producers Valtteri Santala, Noora Maijala
- Account Lead Anni Silamo
- Developers Mikko Saario, Teemu Huttunen, Mikko Sairio, Sami Reinilä, Mikko Matinaho
- Production Great Apes, MediaMonks
- Design MKTG Finland, Great Apes
- Lead Agency MKTG Finland