The challenge of the wayfinding is to answer the needs of 500,000 visitors a year while at the same time cope with the strict regulations of the monument conservation.
Our design intention is to guide with minimal yet distinctive clues rather than confusing by installing a forest of signs.
The keynote is: silent in terms of quantity – loud in terms of quality.
It introduces a great variety of tools such as personnel, 3D iron miniature models, ground markings, lightened panels as well as printed media in a combination of low-tech [cast iron, milling] and high-tech [LEDs, anodizing printing] methods.
- Creative Directors Christopher Ledwig
- Art Directors Aysin Ipekci
- Designers Harald Steber, Anna Weber, Bettina Feldhausen, Till Armbrüster
- Illustrators Andreas Marks
- Photographers Bernd Vogel
- Editors –
- Copywriters Kathrin Spohr