Speaker: Loïc Sattler
Location: Paris, France
Case-Study for www.Sonacom.fr
(FWA awarded web project)
This web-based project has been built for a Parisian Sound Studio in Paris called Sonacom. I had to redo the online presence of the studio. The initial brief was to create a simple site where you can only click on a sound and hear what they’ve produced.
Problem: we had to find a solution not to mention the clients, because some where competitors (like Vodafone VS Orange). Within my studio, I came to this creative solution, going in a total different direction of the initial brief.
It mixes the challenge of:
- letting you entertain with the site
- letting you discover the world (real & creative) of Sonacom
- creating within Sonacom’s universe
- letting you think Sonacom offers a personal work to you, just for you
It has also been built within my own graphical style.
During the conference, I plan to speak about the following:
- Me, Loïc Sattler -> Studies, what I like, who I am, 5 minutes
- Analysing my Graphical Style, 3/5 minutes
- Sonacom : The client, 3 minutes
- Sonacoms new site, initial brief & Prizes, 3 minutes
- Ideas, envies, first draft, 3 minutes
- Final Proposal : Sound Versus Color Versus Graphics, 4 minutes
- Presenting the online site, 3 minutes
- My Style in Sonacoms site, 3 minutes
- Making the site come true – Technologies used, 4 minutes
- Putting it online, was everything all right?, 4 minutes
- Doing the buzz around the site and pushing it online, 2 minutes
- Feedback of the market and the online communities, 3 minutes
Loïc Sattler is a French Art Director experienced in web, multimedia, print collateral, clothes styling, and corporate identity. He studied Media Communication and Multimedia for 2 years at the university Louis Pasteur (France), as well as 2 years in multimedia creation / theory at the European Institute of Design (France). He then moved at the Merz Akademie Stuttgart (Germany) to study new-media theory for his European Media Masterof Arts, an MA diploma delivered in 6 schools throughout Europe, by the University of Portsmouth (UK). His Master thesis was curated by Pr. Olia Lialina and Pr. Dr. Helmut Draxler.
Loïc worked as a freelancer during his whole studies, doing print, web, styling and some 3D/motion works for French and German studios. In 2003, he launched his platform Lysergid.com into virtual orbit, where he showcases selected artistic and professional projects.
Loïc works with special emphasis on aesthetics, creative ideas and communication goals, with a very high attention to details. Inspired by everything, interested and enthusiastic, he is in love with visual creation. Known as efficient, he’s able to manage a creative crew and likes to have a global view on the projects he is working on.
Loïc is devoted to people who share his passion, by attending and organizing conferences, building-up design related events, teaching in schools and writing articles / interviews for communities and magazines. His aim is to be understood as an individual who wishes to take things further by empowering his profession to the best of his ability.