Yellow City - illustrated stories from Helsinki
The series of exhibitions entitled ‘Yellow City – illustrated stories from Helsinki’ is based on the book with the same title combining illustrations and literature, to be published in January 2012. The exhibition portrays the nature of illustration as utilitarian art: how an illustration is created to order.
For the book project, 17 illustrators from Napa Illustrations Agency invited a Finnish author or other copy producer whose text they wanted to illustrate. In the series of exhibitions, the illustrations created for the book find a venue in the city. The works, based on a dialogue of illustration and literature, are used to make our environment more pleasant and interesting.
Alongside the exhibitions, there will be artist interviews, workshops and other complementary events. Some of the works will be donated to selected charities.
ILLUSTRATORS AND AUTHORS IN PAIRS:
- Anna Virtanen & Satu Manninen
- Christer Nuutinen & Pauliina Haasjoki
- Elina Minn & Emma Puikkonen
- Ilja Karsikas & Antti Nylén
- Jaakko Pallasvuo & Kaisa Ijäs
- Janne Harju & Tuomas Nevanlinna
- Jenni Rope & Silja Järventausta
- Jenni Tuominen & Tomi Kontio
- Jukka Pylväs & Antti Tuomainen
- Jussi Kaakinen & Markku Kaskela
- Jussi Karjalainen & Leena Parkkinen
- Kasper Strömman & Anna Tommola
- Kati Rapia & Riikka Ala-Harja
- Ossi Pirkonen & Maria Candia
- Pauliina Mäkelä & Tiina Lehikoinen
- Riikka Sormunen & Juho Nieminen
- Terhi Ekebom & Anni Sinnemäki
‘Yellow City’ is organised by Napa Illustrations Agency.
Napa Illustrations Agency
Tel. +358 50 329 7655